It is a great time to be in the residential HVAC industry. Yes, at times it has its challenges, but with the advances in technology comes a great opportunity to set ourselves apart from the pack. At Vitt Heating & Cooling, we like to think that we are doing just that. As we continue to grow, we are looking to bring on more team members to help with the increased workload. But before we ask you to fill out an application, we’d like to explain exactly the type of person we are looking for, and why you should consider working for us.
Job Opening: Experienced HVAC Installer
HVAC installation is the heart of our business. As a family owned business since 1954, the quality of our ductwork and system installation has literally bestowed in the ownership of the company for three generations. We are looking for someone who works hard and takes pride in their craftsmanship. Ideally, we would look for you to fill a leadership position on an HVAC installation team. The work will be steady and the compensation will be competitive. Most importantly, we are looking for someone to grow within our company. The position includes benefits and potential bonuses depending on a variety of factors. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to contact our office at (314)351-5580 and ask for Josh. You can also fill out an online application below.
Job Opening: HVAC Technician
There is no secret that HVAC technicians are hard to come by these days. That is a good thing for you. Our team currently has an excellent service team, but we are always looking to get better. Here is ideally what we are currently looking for in an HVAC technician:
- Experience: This is a pretty obvious qualification. We need to have confidence knowing that we can send you out to “No-Cool” or “No-Heat” calls knowing you can get the job done in a timely manner.
- Professionalism: Members of our service team are required to act in a professional manner. We are looking for a pro. Someone that dresses and acts that part. These are a wide range of little things such as showing up on time, promptly communicating and representing our company in a positive light. We want someone that takes pride in the work they do.
- Personable: Any great service technician will tell you that fixing the problem is only half the job. The other half is how you interact with customers. We are looking for someone that is good at communicating with our customers and consulting with them on all their options. If you have good customer service skills, it’s a huge plus.
Our Pitch To You
We understand there are a lot of heating and cooling companies in this market. If you are experienced and good at what you do, you probably have some options. Here are some points on what we can bring to the table for you.
- When we hire, it is always with long term intent. Sometimes things don’t work out as planned, but we never hire someone with the intent of releasing them during an off season. If you are good at what you do, the work will be there.
- We are a family owned and operated company. The owners work side by side with their employees. You are not going to be micromanaged by some corporate bobble-head that reports back to a venture capitalist firm. That is not to say we don’t have rules and guidelines. But we value our employees as people.
- Our company is growing fast. Right now we have a great team in place. As I look 2-3 years down the road, I envision a lot of growth happening internally. This is why we are looking for people who are seeking career development.