Chesterfield, MO continues to thrive . Located on the western side of St Louis County, Chesterfield currently has approximately 50,000 residents. When thinking about Chesterfield, many often refer to their prestige parks, great school districts, and upscale shopping. Air Conditioning Chesterfield homes and businesses is usually the last thing thought about. Today we will look into some tips and trends pertaining to air conditioning Chesterfield homes to get you more familiar with ways to:
- Lower Your Energy Bills
- Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
- Sync your HVAC With Other Household Functions
About Air Conditioning in Chesterfield
Chesterfield area homes are slightly different than the average home in St Louis. The median square footage of a Chesterfield home is right around 2,500 square feet. That is about a thousand more than the median square square footage of a St Louis home. The larger square feet translate to higher potential energy costs and savings when it comes to air conditioning Chesterfield area homes. This makes it important to Chesterfield homeowners to stay up to date on tips and trends to help lower your energy consumption while maintaining a comfortable indoor climate.
Trends In Air Conditioning Chesterfield Residents Should Consider
As a proud Chesterfield heating and cooling company, Vitt stays committed to staying up to date in trends and technologies associated with air conditioning Chesterfield properties. Over the last decade there has been a massive shift in the efficiency, functionality, and capabilities of residential air conditioning systems. Our goal as a company is to keep our Chesterfield MO customers up to date with all the trends pertaining to air conditioning their homes. Below are some trends we have noticed pertaining to air conditioning and how it can potentially benefit Chesterfield residents.
- High Efficiency Air Conditioning Continues to Become More Affordable– Just like any type of new technological concept, when products are first introduced and released, they tend to be very pricey. When high efficiency air conditioning systems started becoming popular, we originally received a log of feedback about how the upfront costs did not offset the savings they would be receiving in energy costs over time. While most Chesterfield residents want to lower their energy consumption, almost all would prefer to do so AND save money at the same time. However over time, the high efficiency technology in air conditioning systems have become much more competitive as the demand has increased. This factor paired with government incentives, energy credits, and rebates (such as Ameren Rebates), have driven the upfront cost of high efficiency air conditioning systems down making it more sense for Chesterfield consumers to consider air conditioning systems with higher SEER ratings.
- The Technology Behind Indoor Air Quality has Improved Drastically- In years past, indoor air quality products have been pretty cut and dry. Outside of humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and basic indoor air purification systems, there was not a lot of demand for installing enhancements to your HVAC systems. That has since changed. Over the last 5 years, many products have been introduced to the public designed to greatly improve the quality of your indoor air. An example of these products include UV Lights installed within your furnace blower and air purification systems. The driving force behind both the innovation and demand of new indoor air quality equipment is digital integration. Which leads us to our next trend.
- Digital Integration into Air Conditioning Chesterfield Homes is Here to Stay– Home automation and the development of “Smart Homes” have created a unique demand in the HVAC industry we have never experienced before. Traditionally, HVAC equipment was never thought of as attractive or appealing to consumers. It was more of a “Need” and not so much of a “Want.” But with new smartphone apps that allow you to control the temperature of your home remotely, monitor your energy efficiency, and identify indoor contaminants, many consumers now view their HVAC system much differently. These bells and whistles have created a much more friendly user experience and understanding of their equipment and we see it only getting better.
Geothermal is a Source of Air Conditioning Chesterfield Homeowners May Want to Consider
If you currently have a larger sized home on a large lot in Chesterfield, a geothermal system might make sense for you. When possible, we usually recommend a horizontal loop system for most geothermal HVAC systems. These type of geothermal systems are only possible for homes with larger sized lots due to the amount of space required to bury the geothermal pipes. While horizontal loop geothermal systems can cost significantly more upfront, there are many cost benefits and incentives available to Chesterfield homeowners throughout the life of a geothermal system. If you are interested in receiving a free quote from a professional geothermal installer at Vitt, give us a call today at (314)351-5580.
Vitt Can Help With All Your Air Conditioning Chesterfield Needs
At Vitt Heating and Cooling, our goal is to serve the Chesterfield area with unparalleled service when it comes to your HVAC needs. If you are currently considering anything related to air conditioning Chesterfield, give us a call. Our friendly staff is there to answer any questions you may have regarding ways to improve your Chesterfield HVAC system. Our phone number is (314)351-5580.